Portable Device Eject Script
This is a compiled script that will try to close all windows running off the current (usually portable) device, it has a number of advanced features to try to close stubborn applications. And has the ability to run an external program after it has finished running, or pop up the operating systems “Safely Remove Hardware” dialog.
The script was written in the AutoIT Windows Scripting language.
- Configure Minimum Display Time of Popup Tip
- Can be Localized (All Messages except the Usage Box can be customized)
- Quiet Mode (No Messages Displayed)
- Optionally Show the Operating Systems Safely Remove Hardware Dialog
- Run another program after trying to close all Apps running on the drive (From %TEMP% dir)
- Optionally prompt the user before strat to close apps, and before running the external eject program.
- Accepts list of applications in its config file for the following:
- Force Closed After Specified Delay
- Force Closed Always
- Force Close Process Without a Window
- Ignore Application
- Show Application Window instead of trying to close it
- List all applications running off current (or specified drive)
View ReadMe File Here
- Version 0.4 -Change script to allow ejecting “Fixed” drives (for some USB Attached Hard Drives) This can be overridden in the INI file.
- Version 0.3 - Added option prompts before starting application close attempt, and before running extern eject exe (July 18, 2007)
- Version 0.2 - Added drive type to /show output, an multiple close window loops (July 16, 2007)
- Initial Release - Initial Release (July 10, 2007)